UK Driving



If the au pair is expected to drive in the UK she should bring her driving licence, and the host family should arrange lessons with a local driving instructor to help the au pair adapt to driving on the left etc., preferably in your own car, to ensure that the au pair is fully acquainted with driving on the left with the British Highway Code. You must insure your car fully to include the Au pair and you cannot expect an Au pair to pay for any damage done to the vehicle.

We cannot guarantee the driving skills of the Au pair, as we have no means of assessment other than the fact that they have a driving licence. The Agency cannot be held responsible for any car accidents whilst the au pair is in charge of the car.